Friday 18 January 2008

MyFaceSpaceBook

One of the advantages MySpace has over FaceBook (yes I am on both - what a whore) is the total absence of cold-call "invitations" you get - every time I log into FaceBook I have a page and a half of junkmail. Most of it is stuff like "What Seinfeld Character Are You?? Add application to find out!!!" or "Want to get in touch with old work colleagues?? Add application ..." etc etc. As someone whose Friends on both sites are all, well, actual friends, I can't think of anything worse than trying to guess what Seinfeld character my ex-boss from Air France is, or even getting in touch with her again (actually, she's dead, so no real likelihood there unless they're offering a "Want to contact The Other Side?? Add application.."). When I first started this malarkey I had a bit of a kid-in-a-sweetshop moment, and I can tell you with confidence that while it SAYS that I am Wolverine, Elaine Benes, Peter Petrelli and Jack Shepherd, I am in fact, sadly mundane though it is, me. So I've been ruthlessly ignoring invitations to Be Rated For Hotness, To Build A Christmas Tree, To SuperPoke people, and To Find Out How Gay I Am. I did join a group called "I steal ketchup sachets everywhere I go" though, because it's true.

No comments: